My Thesis Project for MFA 3D Animation&Digital Arts at Pratt Institute.
In the year of 2058, Beijing becomes uninhabitable due to air pollution and sandstorms. People are forced to live underground. However they still wish they could go back to their homes above ground in the future, including the protagonist – a teenage schoolgirl.
Although accompanied by a robotic teddy bear, she still feels lonely and misses her sister, a reporter working above ground broadcasting the progress of Beijing's environment restoration . However, she can’t find a way to reach the ground. One day, an intelligent sports car sees them and agrees to help them to go to the ground. The teddy bear does not trust the car and tries to stop the girl, but she insists. Finally, they both get in the car and start their journey.
Their journey is tough. The gates to the ground are heavily guarded by soldiers. The car bravely jumps through the gates by driving across a ramp. Automated police cars, soldiers and tanks begin to chase them and drive them into a corner. In the end, both the car and the teddy bear sacrifice themselves to let the girl get into the elevator to the ground.
After losing her friends, the girl, sad and scared, finally reaches the ground. However, after stepping out of the elevator, she only finds herself standing in the ruin of Beijing city amidst the heavy smog and huge sandstorms She also finds her sister, lying dead in front of an old green screen and scattered video cameras. Everything she believes proves to be a lie.
“Dear sister, you are not alone,” says the girl, holding the skeleton hand of her dead sister. A ferocious sandstorm is approaching and they disappear in utter darkness.
1. TheCGBros Featured Animated Short Film (2016)
2. Award Of Recognition-Animation of Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival (2016)
3. Social Impact Award Nomination of Third Culture Film Festival (2016)
4. Award of Excellence: Animation of Best Shorts Competition (2015)
5. Best Animation of 11th NYC Downtown Short Film Festival (2015)
6. Judges Choice Award of International Peace & Film Festival (2015)
7. Essence Awards: Short Animation of International Peace & Film Festival (2015)
8. Rising Star Award Nomination of International Peace & Film Festival (2015)
9. Nominee of 12 Months Film Festival (2015)
10. Official Selection of Filmambiente 2016 (2016)
11. Official Selection of Sembrando Cine 2016 (2016)
12. Official Selection of Los Angeles CineFest (2016)
13. Official Selection of Animation Nights New York (2016)
14. Official Selection of MetroCAF 2015 (2015)
15. Official Selection of Short of Year Film Festival (2015)
16. Official Selection of IndiEarth Animation Film Festival (2015)
17. Official Selection of Cartoon Club (2015)
18. Official Selection of La Rana Film Fest (2015)
19. Official Selection of TMFF - The Monthly Film Festival (2015)
20. Official Selection of COLOR International Film Festival (2015)
21. Official Selection of IN.S.A.N.E. Animation Film Festival (2015)
22. Official Selection of Chefchaouen International Film Festival (2015)
23. Official Selection of 2015 Say It In Eight Student Film Festival (2015)
24. Videotheque Section of Animasyros 8.0 (2015)
25. Official Selection of 19th Videomedeja - International Video Festival (2015)
26. Official Selection of CutOut Fest 2015 (2015)
27. Official Selection of Visionaria (2015)
28. Official Selection of FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU FILM POUR L’ENFANCE ET LA JEUNESSE DE CHEFCHAOUEN (2015)
29. Official Selection of 13th Up and Coming Internationales Film Festival Hannover(2015)